The more care and attention you pour into your gaming chair, the better it will treat you and serve your own needs in return. Though GTRACING gaming chair is designed to be durable, it doesn't mean you should neglect taking care of it.
As we know, over time, TUV SUD-certified PU leather tend to degrade, crease, and even peel for a number of reasons, many of which are avoidable with a little bit of tips to know and little effort to take. Below are 5 essential tips to care for your GTRACING gaming chair, both build and material, to prevent excessive wear and tear.
How to look after your GTRACING gaming chair
To get the most enjoyment and value from your gaming chair – learn how to look after it!
1. Follow the usage instuctions
Make sure you're using your chair safely. Even the toughest of materials will suffer from repeated careless usage.
You should so be sure to handle the mechanisms and levers properly and gently to avoid wear and tear. Improper use of the chair can result in damage to its parts, or even worse, the user. <Refer to the manual here>
- DO NOT open or attempt to open the zipper of the seat cover of a racing chair.
- Prevent the screws from loosening after using a period of time. And don't tighten screws completely until all the screws are fixed in the correct position.
- Never sit on the chair arms and when sitting down and getting up out of the chair don't put excessive load baring weight on the arms to avoid damage. You will damage your gaming chair if you apply too much force to the armrests.
- Most chairs will have a recommended maximum weight which should not be exceeded to avoid structural issues with the chair.
Remark: Tighten the bolts and screws on your chair to ensure safety and stability every 6 months. We also recommend re-applying lubricants (e.g. WD-40 or white lithium grease) to the screws regularly which reduces the chance of squeaking.
2. Don't abuse it
Prevent impacts and drops, and keep sharp objects away from your chair. Though it's a warranty claim issue, it is almost exclusively down to miss use. The castors or the star base will potentially shatter if the chair is dropped onto a hard surface.
3. Keep pets away
Even if you're super gentle to your furniture, do you have pets that aren't. If your pet has sharp claws, we cannot ensure that even our PU leather will withstand a good clawing. Try not to let that happen!
4. Keep out of direct sunlight
Prolonged exposure to sunlight can damage PU leather, and may cause it to crack eventually. You can place the gaming desks close to the window for a shaft of natural light.
5. Keep it dry and clean
Gamers spend time in gaming chairs working in addition to gaming. These days, more people are setting up arrangements with their employers to work part-time or full-time from home. If you're one of these lucky folks who have established one of these new economy working arrangements you'll be spending even more time in your chair. If this is the case, you need to keep your sweat off in intense gaming or working session during hot days! And even avoid prolonged exposure of your chair to perspiration and hot objects, such as hairdryers.
Though water-resistant, prolonged exposure to moisture may still damage and cause the PU leather to lose its supple texture. And perspiration and the buildup of body oil will change the pH values of the coating. The mix will be a weakened top coating that is prone to peeling.
Maintenance Advice: How to clean and protect gaming chair
If you are an avid gamer or office worker, you are no stranger to devoting hours after hours in gaming chairs. Studies have shown your gaming chair with prolonged contact will contain 400 times more bacteria than a toilet seat. So, remember to clean your chair maybe once a week!
a. Leather Care
- Dampen a clean microfiber cloth with a little water. Or Wipe the surface gently with a non-abrasive sponge with a soap and warm water solution or a mild liquid detergent. Gently wipe the leather until clean. Leave the chair to air dry before using. Then, soiling will be removed, the surface stays smooth and the gloss is preserved. This will prevent stains and odours from seeping into the leather.
- If using leather cleaner, spray a small amount onto the cloth. Some special PU leather conditioner conditioner helps maintain a layer of moisture on the leather so it will feel smooth, soft and pretty much like when you first got the chair. Once every 2 months is OK. This should not be done excessively!
Kindly note: DO NOT use solvents or abrasive kitchen cleaners.
b. Fabric Care
Loose particles and dirt can be simply vacuumed up, and any spills should be blotted up with a dry cloth or paper towel as soon as possible.
Or vacuum the back and seat of the fabric chair with a brush attachment regularly. Scrub the fabric gently with a brush on dirty spots.
You shouldn't have to wash them often, but if they start smelling funny, we recommend hand washing them in water below 30 degrees celsius (around 90 degrees farenheit). Leave them to air dry—don't squeeze the water out!
If the casters accumulate hair and debris gradually, it may affect the movement of your gaming chair. You have to periodically check that the castors are clean and moving freely.
- Turn the chair over and make sure it is firmly supported by the seat and back.
- Use the crevice tool on your vacuum to remove debris caught inside. Use a surface cleaner and paper towels or microfiber cloth to remove dirt from the outside of the casters.
- To get deep inside the narrow parts of the casters, get a cotton swab and dab it in alcohol, then reach it inside the crevice.
e. Armrests, Base, and Frame
This bit is pretty easy. All you need to do is grab a soft sponge or cloth and a bowl of warm water mixed with mild detergent. You can then wash the surface of the armrests, base, and frame and dry them with a paper towel or dry cloth.
Tips: The moving and functional parts of the chair should not need much maintenance!
Now that your gaming chair is feeling fresh and looking brand new, the only thing left to do is use it. Kick your feet up, relax, and reward your cleaning efforts with a long game like Fortnite!
Q: How do I get some stains out of my gaming chair?
A: The best way to get rid of stains is with rubbing alcohol or a spot cleaning solution.
Make sure to check your manufacturer's instructions first to be sure that neither of these solvents will damage your chair. If in doubt, contact your manufacturer and ask for guidance.
Q: How do I repair a gaming chair?
A: It depends on the nature of the damage.
If it's a rip in the upholstery, a quick DIY fix may be to simply patch it up with a sewing needle.
If it's damage to the frame or base, you'll probably need to replace the broken part. The repairs may be covered under your warranty, so make sure you check that first.